Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Believe and Acheive

Believing in Yourself Daily


This inspiring quote by Jack Canfield really got my heart and mind firing today!

"Self-esteem is a huge piece of my work. You have to believe it's possible and believe in yourself. Because after you've decided what you want, you have to believe it's possible and possible for you, not just for other people. Then you need to seek out models, mentors, and coaches."

I got so pumped up in letting things go and believing in myself. I kicked off the day with a nice healthy breakfast and then went for a nice jog in the sun. Wow, did this feel amazing. When I am out running my mind and spirit feel so alive and free. This is my time to speak to God and to enjoy all of his magnificent creations. You should really think about this and set aside a time and activity where you connect with God and just let it all out-- it’s so powerful and freeing.

I think this quote is perfect for those in recovery or anyone who might be going through a struggling situation in their life right now. It talks about self-esteem, believing in yourself, and seeking out others to help you accomplish and achieve your goals. So let’s first tackle the topic of self-esteem which everyone seems to struggle with including myself.

Self-esteem is defined as a realistic respect for or favorable impression of oneself; self-respect. So it’s basically feeling good about you! If you’re like me, I tend to be my worst enemy and critic. I always seem to be so hard on myself when I make mistakes or don’t accomplish something I set out to do. Okay, this needs to change and if you do this to yourself as well, jump on board and let’s start believing we are truly awesome spirit beings. This reminded of Philippians 4:13 which states; “we can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.” Amen to this and that’s exactly what Jack Canfields quote is saying. We can do all things but we have to believe!

God also puts people and places in our lives to help support and guide us such as mentors, or coaches like the quote states. I have recently added an accountability partner to do a daily bible study and have a workout partner to help train me as well. I don’t know everything and I need to seek the wisdom of others. This is also a good way to build your belief in yourself and to gain courage to face every life choice and situation.

I am now realizing that by believing in “Patrick” and not criticizing myself, I am becoming happier and more confident in life and recovery. If I wake up saying my life stinks and I am a failure, well most likely I am going to be miserable and accomplish nothing. We need to stop feeding ourselves these stupid lies! Instead, I am going to start out each day with positive affirmations to pick myself up. When I do this, I feel so much better and the day just becomes something I look forward too. So let’s start building ourselves up daily and letting our lights shine for the whole world to see.

Here is a short list of affirmations I came up with and use;

• I am an awesome spirit being

• I am deeply loved by God

• There will never be another like me in the history of mankind

• I am a beautiful creation

• I control my attitude today and choose to smile and be happy

• I will live in faith and not fear

• I have gifts, talents and things to offer

• I am an OVERCOMER

These are just a few simple affirmations that motivate me. You can simply google it and find tons of websites that offer more extensive lists of affirmations. You can also make up your own. Be creative and start off the day with a smile and a huge boost of faith. Self-love or self-esteem is one of the key factors in living a happy and healthy life and recovery. If you believe in yourself, life’s difficult choices become easier and you start to make the right decisions because you have a positive mindset. So the message for today is to simply love who you are, and be who you are in this very moment. What people say has no bearing on who you are and what you can accomplish. You are the captain of your own ship so set sail today and be free. Remember, the choices we make today map out what course our lives will take in the coming days so let’s believe we can, and do the next right thing.

God Bless,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment